Everyone can, at times feel vulnerable when dealing with people in authority. We empower women to change this by giving information and if needed supporting them to speak for themselves or speaking for them.
This Amina MWRC project is for Muslim and BME women who need help with their financial affairs.
Our advocacy project may be able to help:
- If you are in a difficult situation financially and you don’t know what to do
- If you feel no-one listens to you
- If you find it difficult to speak up for yourself at times
- If you have concerns about benefit money
- If you need to appeal a benefits decision
- If you are a victim of financial and or other abuse
Our advocacy worker will listen to you, discuss what support you need, can help you to find information, help with phone calls, letters and meetings and to do all she can to help you understand your rights, what choices you have, ensure people listen to you, support you to speak up for yourself or speak for you if needed.
If you would like to contact this service please phone our helpline
0808 801 0301